resurface toilet?

Old 09-22-05, 01:27 PM
rpthoth
Visiting Guest
resurface toilet?

Okay plumbing gurus...

The prior owners of the house we just bought had to young boys that obviously spent a lot of time unsupervised. Now that I've cleaned all the wax out of the dryer (yes, wax. Really.), I'm ready to tackle the toilet.

It looks like the bowl got scraped up on the inside. There are black scrape marks that won't clean off but they don't appear to be deep gouges. I was wondering if there was a way to resurface the inside of the bowl? The rest of the toilet is perfectly fine. I'd rather not replace it if possible.

Any info is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Rachel

Old 09-22-05, 02:04 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
There are porcelain repair "kits" at some of the big box stores. How effective they are is unknown to me... Probably impossible to get a perfect color/smoothness match..... but hey... it's inside a toilet, ya know.... whose gonna look that close?

Old 09-22-05, 03:12 PM
rpthoth
Visiting Guest
Re: resurface toilet?

Hey, anything close to what it used to be is going to be better than big black marks. I'll take it! Thanks for the quick reply!

Old 09-22-05, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Those young boys probably plugged the toilet up and those black marks are from a snake. Dad probably didn't know about closet augers. Good luck.

Old 09-22-05, 04:19 PM
plumguy
Visiting Guest
You could also try to clean it with heavy duty hand cleaner that contains pumice. Just remove all the water out of the bowl and with a lot of elbow grease you might get lucky...I have even removed minor scratches with toothpaste.

Old 09-22-05, 09:06 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Try plumguy's advice first... if he is who I think he is.... he's always got good advice.....

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: