sink stopper

Old 09-26-05, 04:38 PM
raeda
Visiting Guest
sink stopper

How do I disconnect the sink stopper on my bathroom sink? It connects underneath the sink to the up & down thing that you pull. I dissconnected that but it has a clamp like thing on it...can I pri that off? It must go inside the pipe to hold the stopper in the drain? I want to take it off because my bathroom sink clogs up every month and I'm sick of spending money on drain cleaners. I'm sure its hair and soap clogging it but I cant get anything down the drain with that stopper attached. Help!

Old 09-26-05, 05:06 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Study the back of the drainpipe where the lever enters the drain. There are numerous different ways they are attached... but they all come apart. Mine simply unscrew and a ball/0-ring assembly comes out with the lever. That's where the hair balls accumulate usually. You may have a problem plugging it back up without the lever installed however. On the other hand, once you figure out how to remove/replace it, you can give it a thorough cleaning on a regular basis - which will eliminate those useless down the drain cleaners.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: