Sink not draining right

Old 11-03-05, 04:51 PM
inhellinokc
Visiting Guest
Sink not draining right

Hi, we are having problems with our bathroom sink. We tried the crystal drano and it did not work. We had a plumber come out and run the camera threw the pipes and he saw a clog that he described as "concrete". we only used the crystal drano twice and I would not think that it would cause this problem that fast. We have cast iron pipes under the house and pvc is connecting to the cast iron pipes. The plumber said that we would have to rip out part of the wall and part ofthe foundation to fix the problem. I was wandering if any of you had another soultion. Right now we are in hell in okc with this problem. They said it was going to cost at elast 10grand to fix and we can't afford that and do not want to file it on the homeowners insurance.can you tell me how the crystal drawno would cause it to turn to "cement". all the directions where followed to the T.

Thank you
inhellinokc!

Old 11-03-05, 06:27 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The plumber's diagnosis is worthy of a second opinion for sure. I would have another plumber come out and try drain cleaning the drain. I cannot say that the drain cleaning product caused the problem but there are certain products that can turn solid if the drain is stopped completely.

Let us know the results of the second plumber; it might be a totally different scenario.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: