removing one handle bath/shower faucet

Old 11-11-05, 11:33 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question removing one handle bath/shower faucet

Hi there.
I'm trying to remove the faucet handle (American Standard) to check the valve.
The hot water pressure in the tub/shower (combo) is very low. Probably 20-30% of where it should be.
Hot water in bathroom sink and other outlets in the house is fine, which leads me to believe it's not the pipes, but the faucet itself.
So, I shut off the water, removed the plate that covers the pipe hole.

How in the world do I get the handle off?
There's nothing to pop off to access any screws. There's a little hole on the bottom, but I can't seem to be able to "grip" anything in there with a wrench.
Help please.

Here are two images of the faucet.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 11-11-05, 03:25 PM
shacko's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore County Maryland
Posts: 2,002
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
More that likely its a allen type screw.If you had the paper work that came with the faucet it would tell you what is under there. If there is no way to see whats up the slot I would go the allen wrench route until I found one that fits. Luck.
Old 11-15-05, 12:24 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

we were able to fix it.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: