toilet flange replacement


Old 11-17-05, 06:45 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Unhappy toilet flange replacement

I am replacing my old toilet and, when I removed it (it has been loose for a while), I saw that the flange was broken at both sides where the bolt goes to hold down the toilet.

Obviously I mustreplace the flange but I don't know how to approach the job. It seems to be one piece with the lower drain pipe. We are on a single story slab construction so I'm not worried about lower floor damage, etc. but I do need some help in how to remove the damaged flange.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-05, 07:43 AM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: usa
Posts: 19
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
toilet flange

Unless you have knowledge of putting lead around the flange you will be better off by getting a plumber to replace it. Had a plumber do mine and he did it twice. Then he put oakum around the flange before putting the lead in then hammered the lead tight to avoid problems. Took about an hour from start to finish
Old 11-17-05, 08:27 AM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,268
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What material is your flange/drain pipe made out of? PVC/Cast Iron/??
Old 11-17-05, 08:44 AM
majakdragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,827
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You can purchase a repair flange called Superring. It goes over the old flange and gets screwed down through the holes in the new and old flange. I have included a link so you can see what it looks like. Click on the link and scroll down to the 13th flange shown. Good luck.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title: