toliet leak

Old 11-23-05, 06:51 AM
sjd441
Visiting Guest
toliet leak

My friend just re-piped his trailer toliet with 1/2 inch pvc w/a threaded cap that conected to the flexible line. The pvc is on the right side of the toliet and the flex line connects to the left side of the tank. We conected the septic line yesterday and everthing was working fine. About 8 hours later w/flushed the toliet again and water begain spraying (about a gal. of water) every where, coming from under the right side of the tank. We checked the conections and piping and couldn't find any leaks. The toliet and all the pipes are now working fine (no leaks). We don't know what could have caused it. If I understand correctly the lines should always be under pressure and that would indicate a leak, but no leak. it's been could latley and were not sure if the ice and cold could have had somthing to do w/it. Any ideas.
Thanks Shawn

Last edited by sjd441; 11-23-05 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-23-05, 07:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
That is an odd occurance. You didn't say how many times the toilet was flushed before the leak came. May have been air in the line that found the bad connection or cracked pipe/fitting. Spraying water can cover a large area so it's hard to tell where exactly it came from. Wish I could give you a more correct answer. I would monitor the piping and connections for a while. A small leak could have been plugged now with a piece of debris in the line. Problem is that it may move and open up the bad spot. Good luck.

Old 11-23-05, 07:28 AM
sjd441
Visiting Guest
the toliet was only flushed once before the incident. Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: