Cracks in shower pan.

Old 11-26-05, 09:18 AM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cracks in shower pan.

A six foot shower pan was installed a few years ago and the braces under the pan weren't installed and crackes happened.Is there any way I can put some waterproofing over this pan untill I'm can afford to get another pan installed?I'm 70 years old and on a fixed income.Cecil.

Old 11-26-05, 09:39 AM
J
What is the shower pan made of, Plastic?
Where are the cracks.What is on the walls plastic, tile?
What is the bathroom floor made of tile linoleum?

Answers to these questions may not matter, but on the other hand they may matter.

It would be a good idea to make it clear if "you absolutely can not afford to replace it",and that you already know that would be the right way. This would eliminate a lot of unnesessary info on replacement and get right to what you want to know.

They do sell mats that go on the floor that are applied like contact paper meaning they will not let water underneath them. There are ways of supporting the base without removal which might be a good idea if you use the mat. It all depends on how much it flexes and where the cracks are.

Something like this

I already know it is not the right way!!!!!!

Old 11-26-05, 01:24 PM
C
Shower pan repair.

Thanks for your input.The pan is of fiberglass,and there are a number of cracks.The walls have artifical white marble.The floor is just plain concrete.The guys who put it in tried to put down some motar under the pan but it looks like it may have gotten too hard too soon before it was spread the way it should have been.So there are a lot of soft spots in the pan.Is there a sheet of any thing I can put down over the pan thats waterproof?Cecil.

Old 11-26-05, 03:52 PM
E
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
You could do a fiberglass overlay. You can buy fiberglass cloth and the resin. I have successfully done this with auto bodies and completely rusted out car floor pans (where there is nothing but air!),to where I could later stomp on it and actually hear a nice solid thump sound!

Old 11-27-05, 12:05 PM
C
Cracks in shower pan.

Would the fiberglass overlay cost as much as a new showerpan?And could I do it my self.?I' m somewhat of a handyman.Cecil.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: