Bathroom Remodel - Rough in problem

Old 12-12-05, 07:15 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bathroom Remodel - Rough in problem

I'm in the process of remodeling a bathroom, and have had a plumber rough in the plumbing for the Bathtub/shower. However, after finishing the wall, I tried to put the faceplate on the single handle shower faucet, and I can't get the screws to catch. They're off by about 1/4 inch. The faceplate is brushed nickel - it is possible to get longer screws at a plumbing supply house? Any other suggestions on how to correct this issue - obviously I don't want to rip out the finished wall to reset the faucet depth...

I also removed the collar from the faucet to get a better look at the underlying valve to see if I could do anything. I can't get the collar to catch on the brass fixture (containing the pressure equalizing valve). It's close, but again I can't get the screws to catch. Any suggestions are appreciated. The plumber is returning on Monday to complete some other plumbing tasks, but I'd like to resolve this issue this week if possible. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-05, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Contact the supply house you bought the valve from and see if they offer longer ones. If there is a problem with the screws, more than likely there will be a problem getting the rest of the hardware on to match.

It does not sound good, you might want to use longer chrome plated screws, they will be hard to notice from brushed nickel.