Grohe cartridge replacement?

Old 12-17-05, 07:37 PM
dean810
Visiting Guest
Grohe cartridge replacement?

The on/off handle on my older Grohmix valve is very hard to turn. When I had a similar problem with another shower that used a Moen valve, I fixed my problem by replaceing the cartridge. The part came with excellent directions and it was an easy fix.
My problem is that I am trying to do the same thing with this Grohe valve, but the cartridge, which is very expensive, does not come with directions, just an exploded drawing. It is difficult to find documentation online.
My questions is, with this type of valve, which is a thermostat valve, will I solve my problem by replacing the cartridge, or do I need to look elsewhere? Where can I get information on replaceing such a cartridge?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-05, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The lack of plumber's grease over time and calcium buildup is the cause most likely.

Have you tried Grohe's website or calling their tech support so they can go through the step by step on the phone? That is what they are there for, make sure you have all the correct tools at the time you call them so that they can get you back in shape.

Old 12-21-05, 04:28 PM
dean810
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Originally Posted by DUNBAR PLUMBER
The lack of plumber's grease over time and calcium buildup is the cause most likely.

Have you tried Grohe's website or calling their tech support so they can go through the step by step on the phone? That is what they are there for, make sure you have all the correct tools at the time you call them so that they can get you back in shape.

Well, I did email them, and they have sent me a manual of sorts. Now I'll see if it is useful or not!