tub valve


Old 12-21-05, 03:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
tub valve

I am trying to remove my tub valve to check the washer (leaky tub). I remove exterior parts, and a long thearded piece, but the six sided socket wrench i have to remove valve doesn't fit. doesn't look like it would, could, ever fit. im lost as to how to remove it.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-05, 04:18 PM
majakdragon's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: N.E. Arkansas
Posts: 7,827
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
zmw, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
What you need is commonly called a shower socket set. It is a number of thin sockets that come on a wire holder. They are thin enough to get into the spot you need. Just a few bucks at Home Centers. Good luck.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title: