Wallpaper over the seams off shower insert

Old 12-22-05, 08:45 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Wallpaper over the seams off shower insert

My house has an acrylic? shower/bathtub insert. It is the kind that is affixed to the wall with an adhesive.

I resently painted the bathroom walls with a rag technique. I got a small amount of paint on the edges of the shower insert. Also I put some more adhesive around the outside to seal it better. I now have a line of adhesive around the shower stall.

The seams look awful.

Is it possible to put wallpaper over the seams? The walls are ragged towards a light blue. A dark solid blue line around the seams wouldn't look bad.

Has anyone every seen this done before? Is there a tape that I could use instead?

Thank you for your assistance?

Old 12-22-05, 09:58 AM
are you talking about the joint where all the edges of the insert meet the wall?

and by "adhesive" do you mean caulk?

if yes to both, i think adding a skinny strip of wallpaper or tapee would look very cheesy. a better choice would be actual molding/trim, but not painted an accent color (this is not something you want to draw attention to) - paint it the same color as the insert, or possibly the same color as the current trimwork in the room is painted (however, if your trim is stained, then paint it the same color as the insert, so it "disappears").

Edit: they might even make some sort of trim kit for this very purpose. i'm going to move this thread over to the bath tub/shower topic......

Old 12-22-05, 10:16 AM
I never thought about using trim.

There is a window with trim around it in the shower stall. It is painted the color of the shower insert.

I could buy pr-primed plastic trim. All would have to is apply caulking to the back and then Brad nail it. That would insure that the seams are always sealed from moisture.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: