No Hot Water in one tub/shower

Old 12-29-05, 12:55 PM
mtman12672
Visiting Guest
No Hot Water in one tub/shower

Recently we have had problems getting hot water in one of our bathrooms. Every other bathroom and sink in the house receives hot water fine. In this bathroom, for the first few hours each morning, very little hot water reaches the shower/tub. Running this for a long time does not seem to work either. The other bath has very hot water at this time. Later in the day, the hot water seems to return to normal in this bathroom. Any suggestions on what the problem might be?

Old 12-29-05, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mtman12672, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
I would say that your hot water line to this bathroom is taking the long route. It may be passing by a hole or other means of getting cold air on it. I have seen homes that have the bathroom within 8 feet of the kitchen and yet it took 2 WHOLE minutes longer for the hot water to get to the kitchen than to the bath. If possible, trace the lines down and you may find the problem spot. Good luck.

Old 01-06-06, 08:12 PM
kimv541
Visiting Guest
Have you changed the faucet to your shower/bath recently or the water heater? I had no hot water after changing my water heater and had to take the handle off and adjust the plastic flange so that it would get hotter. today the newer faucets have the safety shield so childern and elderly won't get burnt. might want to start there

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: