push button diverter tub faucet

Old 01-02-06, 12:38 PM
airahcaz
Visiting Guest
push button diverter tub faucet

I have an older Moen tub faucet with push button diverter under the main handle. Push in for the water to divert upward to the shower head. Sometimes this doesn't catch, or when releasing so that the water should fully flow back down to the lower spout, it partially is still diverting the water. If I manually pull it out more (struggling), it then stops the flow up to the shower head like its intended use. Basically, when I shut the water off, the diverter should stop, and default back solely to the tub spout. I tried WD40? Any suggestions? My last option would be to buy a tub spout with the diverter pull up...

Old 01-02-06, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You need a new diverter because calcium and a tempered/broken spring is to blame for the lack of return in the diverter.

Bypassing this is more work than replacing the diverter itself.

Old 01-02-06, 06:43 PM
airahcaz
Visiting Guest
diverter tub spout

Originally Posted by DUNBAR PLUMBER
You need a new diverter because calcium and a tempered/broken spring is to blame for the lack of return in the diverter.

Bypassing this is more work than replacing the diverter itself.
I'll have to break my tiling and wall etc? ugly

using a tub spout with diverter is not a good option?

Old 01-02-06, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Take a picture of your faucet. The Moen you are describing usually has the diverter within the chrome scussion. No need to bust out tile. It's hard to give advice when info is general at best.

If you replace your tub spout and in the process the pipe breaks serving the tub spout, you will be busting out tile and the like........that is ugly.

Fix what is broken.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: