Toilet sounds like a "foghorn"

Old 01-31-06, 11:24 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Toilet sounds like a "foghorn"

When I flush my toilet, it lets out a "foghorn" like sound. I looked at this website for answers and it told me to replace the tank fill valve with a Fluidmaster 400A. My question is can I replace my fill valve with a "Fluidmaster Whisper Fill Valve with Leak Sentry" instead?

Old 02-01-06, 06:32 AM
toilet fill valve

Yes, you can use the Fluidmaster Leak Sentry instead of the 400A, if you really want to. These fill valves will work in most toilets, such as those with a separate tank on top of the bowl, but if you have a low one-piece toilet such as from Kohler, you can only use their proprietary fill valve. Either of these fill valves should then stop that foghorn.

Old 02-01-06, 06:58 AM
J
Sometimes loud noises can originate from the stop valve (the shut off under the toilet). A little adjustment either way usually does the trick.

Old 02-27-06, 10:11 PM
L
Smile Thanks very much!!

Fixitron and Jim-Connor,
Thanks very much! I replaced it with the new fill valve and it worked! my very first time ever fixing a toilet.. glad to know that there are ppl out there who are willing to help =) and that I don't have to always depend on a guy! I can do it! Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: