Urinal repair

Old 02-07-06, 03:43 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Urinal repair

I was recently awarded the dubious honor of being elected the Junior Warden at my church. What that means is, if anything needs fixing, they call me.
While I'm pretty handy at some things, my plumbing knowledge and experience is sorely lacking. I didn't realize how little I knew of the subject until this responsibility came along.
We have several urinals on site with Sloan flushing assemblies and these are totally foreign to me. All I know about them so far is that a little hidden screw valve can shut off the water supply.
One of them would not stop flushing no matter how much the handle was jiggled. So I just "screwed off" the water and put on a "Do Not Use" sign.
Is there a website I can visit that explains troubleshooting and repair techniques in a non-plumber language?
Any other suggestions?
Thanks.

Old 02-07-06, 10:56 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well in a short statement, no. There is no site I can send you to that has step by step instructions on these, but in your best interest, buy one that looks just like it. Take it apart and figure out the workings inside of it. This way you'll know that when you encounter something of the same, you will be able to figure it out.

What is causing the issue is most likely the diaphragm inside of it directly beneath the top bell. You must match the the gallon usage of what is in there. (.6 1.0 1.6) and replace it. That screw you are turning in is a ground joint to turn the water off.

After one or two repairs to these you will realize that they are more simplistic than a regular toilet. Just ask for a full rebuild kit for the ones you are working for. Gooooooooogle "Sloan Flushometers" and it will take you to their site.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: