Basement toilet will not flush

Old 02-07-06, 09:33 AM
Nomad
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Basement toilet will not flush

This has to be the toughest question posted! My old BASEMENT toilet was never a good flusher, after a sewer backup and a new toilet install, the new toilet doesnt flush at all. I snaked the sewer line 20 feet. I pulled a rag through the new toilet and set it up on the floor drain and it flushes fine, reinstall with out wax seak and flushes fine. Reinstall seal now it will not flush the water remains in bowl and after some time evacuates bowl. From my side I think the toilet is fine the sewer is fine it must be a venting problem (but all other plumbing works). Any one have an idea what it is? I am thinking it must be a venting problem and my question to you is HOW DO I CLEAN A VENT? This vent must be exclusive to the toilet and got plugged when the sewer backed up. As I mentioned the old toilet worked but water would rise quite high then evacuate the bowl, now nothing. Nomad

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-06, 10:01 AM
If you are not having any problems with the other fixtures in your home, I would have to say you have a seperate vent for that toilet. Vent lines are required to exit the roof of the dwelling. Or, it may be tied into the main stack in your attic. If it goes out the roof, you can run a garden hose up to the roof and backflush it. If it ties in in the attic, you will have to disassemble it to snake or flush it out. Good luck.