Elbow for Basement Bathtub

Old 02-08-06, 10:29 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Elbow for Basement Bathtub

I am remodeling my basement. I am replacing a shower stall with a bathtub. My question is - the shower drained directly into a pipe in the concrete floor without a trap (unless it is under the floor - in which case I cannot see it), do I need to install a trap or can i just install the tub where it drains directly into the floor?

Thanks!

Last edited by eubanks; 02-09-06 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Wrong Subject
Old 02-10-06, 09:16 AM
J
If there wasn't a trap your bathroom would prob. smell really bad. That trap is in the concrete. Just look in to the pipe and see if you see standing water. If you do there is a trap.

If the tub drain lines up with the current drain you will be ok. If not you will need to dig it up and relocate it. One thing to think about, if you have to dig it up, when you get the drain and overflow assy, your trap may sit lower which will throw your pitch off. I'm having this problem right now. So I need to find an alternate route. Hope that helps.

John

Last edited by johny2050; 02-10-06 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-10-06, 11:39 PM
Thanks

Thank you. Even if it does not line up, the tub sits uo high enough that I can just run the drain from the tub to the floor drain. Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: