Copper to plastic?

Old 02-11-06, 08:08 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Copper to plastic?

Can anyone tell me what I need to connect the new bathroom sink drain to the copper wall pipe? I understand there is a special connector. Can I purchase a "kit" or do I need to know each piece?
Is this available at HD or do I have to go to a plumbing supply store?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-06, 09:01 PM
They do make a double compression coupling to do what you want. One side would be 1-1/2" for the copper and the other end would be 1-1/4" for the sink drain line. This will work if the copper has no fitting on the end. If there is threads on the end of the copper, use a slip-nut (PVC) with a reducing washer in it from 1-1/4 to 1-1/2". Good luck.

Old 02-12-06, 08:16 AM
K
Thank you.
I just picked this up at HD.
I had a plumber come in to change the shutoff valves (soldered) and he cut off the threaded coupling (without my asking) and told me to go to a plumbing store and get a kit that would adapt the 1 1/2 in copper wall waste pipe to a new sink drain/trap.

Well, no one seems to know what he was talking about, so I have purchased the coupling with the two clamps for the short term, and have called a new plumber to come in and solder on a new threaded coupling.

This summer I will learn how to do this soldering myself! (Should have paid closer attention to my Dad years ago!)