Mansfield toilet non-flush

Old 02-15-06, 02:07 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Mansfield toilet non-flush

My Mansfield low flow toilet has problems. It is less than 3 years old. When I push the flush handle, the water swirls and then stops. The bowl won't drain completely--unless I hold the handle down until the tank empties, which then will drain the bowl. I just replaced the flush valve and the same problem occurs. The toilet has clogged several times but usually a few plunges and a re-flush will do the trick. Sorry--this question has probably been asked 1000 times, but I was hoping for a quick answer.

Thanks,
mrcis

Old 02-15-06, 02:16 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
mrcis, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
I am not that familiar with the Mansfield brand. When you push the button, what happens inside the tank? Does it raise a flapper? If so, adjust the chain linkage so it "just" lets the flapper seal. Sounds like the flapper is not staying up long enough to allow for a full flush. Another thing could be that the holes in the rim (under the rim) are clogged and not allowing the water to flow out at full force. You could turn off the water supply valve under the toilet and flush it. Then pour in some CLR or other Calcium deposit remover into the opening under the flapper. Let it sit for a while and then turn the water back on and flush. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: