Basement Bathroom

Old 03-01-06, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Basement Bathroom

Hi,

I am looking to finish my basement and put a bathroom in. The bathroom configuration will be pretty basic, just a toilet and sink. My sewage line is about six inches above the basement floor, I really don't want to dig 5 feet down to put a sump. The height of the sewage line is fine for the sink, but obviously not for the toilet. Do I have any other options besides the sump? Would a pressurized toilet work in this case? Or does any one have any other suggestions? (raising the bathroom floor is really not an option due to ceiling height).
I would like to keep it nice looking and avoid any chance of possible odor.

Thanks,
Joe

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-06, 12:32 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
hi
check there some toilet design for septic tanks and the have a built in pump to pump to the drainage tank.
Use 1 in pipe

good luck

Old 03-03-06, 02:41 PM
Toilet

Depending on lacal codes you have two choices, up-flow toilet or ejector pit. Luck.

Old 03-07-06, 06:09 AM
HI. I know you said ceiling height was an issue, but without having to raise the whole floor, look into a product called "qwik John" by Zoeller.

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/sewage.html

Old 03-07-06, 07:10 AM
You can check out Macerating toilets. No digging necessary. They have a pump and grinder and also have inlets for the sink and tub (if needed). The piping goes up and then connects into your sewer line and vent. Good luck.

Old 03-08-06, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by majakdragon
You can check out Macerating toilets. No digging necessary. They have a pump and grinder and also have inlets for the sink and tub (if needed). The piping goes up and then connects into your sewer line and vent. Good luck.
Those macerating toilets look great, but really expensive. Although the bowl is included, $1100 is far more than it would cost you for a basic bowl and the qwik jon or any other sewage ejector. I'm thinking about doing a bath in my basement as well, however, I may just dig a little bit to save myself the $500-$600 difference. Good find though Dragon, and interesting option!