dripping tub spout

Old 03-03-06, 02:28 PM
dgspurgin
Visiting Guest
dripping tub spout

Well... I've developed a drip in my tub spout.

A little about my tub. It's a shower/tub single unit thing. Large plasticy unit that's been caulked into place. I recently changed the spout itself and a switch to engage or disenage a tub stopper.

my hot/cold/ on-off knob is just that -- a single knob that you tilt left / right for hotness and up down for on-off.

I'd love to replace this unit -- for 1, my shower stays permanently on and am assuming that this is cuase of prob. And now this drip -- also probably something to do with connection of hot and cold pipes to this fixture.

My question is this: What are the steps? I am really bad at home repair stuff but I'm willing. I got scared away from this a few months back when it seemed like there was more to it than just buying a new knob and screwing it in.

What should I be concerned with as I tackle this job? What are the steps for this job?

ANY help would be great.
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Old 03-06-06, 08:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It possibly sounds like a Delta 600 series shower valve and the diverter is jammed in one position. You could take pics @ photobucket.com and provide the links back here for all to see.

The hardest part about working that particular valve is getting the bonnet nut off without destroying the entire valve. Even the pros will tell you that this procedure is risky at best. I would get numerous opinions on this matter. You could rebuild your faucet and fix the problem, just have to keep in mind what the worst case scenario could be.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: