Garbage disposal is leaking water.

Old 03-06-06, 04:57 PM
lsmurray
Visiting Guest
Angry Garbage disposal is leaking water.

my garbage disposal is leaking water from a hole on the side. It works fine but its squirting out water. What do you think this means? Do I need a new one?

Old 03-06-06, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If that hole is not meant to connect to anything, it's time to buy a new one. Good luck.

Old 04-01-07, 08:38 AM
S
What is the hole?

Mine is dong the same thing - what is that hole? Has it always been there? Why did it decide to become a water spout?

Old 04-01-07, 10:22 AM
T
Is it a "hole" or a connection for a dishwasher ?

Old 04-01-07, 01:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
The nylon barbed outlet is meant for a dishwasher discharge line. There is a knock out inside the disposer that must be removed prior to using for a dishwasher. If you don't have a dishwasher, and there is water coming from this fitting, you will have to get a cap of sorts and install with a worm gear clamp to keep water from coming out.

Old 04-01-07, 02:20 PM
R
If the water is backing up that high you may have some blockage in the drain. Remove the trap and clean it out (I'll bet it is caked with grease, soap and 'stuff'. And, Chandler is right. If the knockout has been dislodged the outlet should be capped. Try a short piece of 1/2" hose, insert a 1/2" copper cap and clamp both ends.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: