setting a toilet on a tiled floor

Old 03-08-06, 03:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question fixing a toilet on a tiled floor

Can somebody give any advise on the best way to set a toilet down onto a tiled floor, Is sand and cement the best way?????????

Last edited by sparky1873; 03-08-06 at 08:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-06, 05:14 AM
sparky1873, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
I need a little more information here. Not sure what you mean by "set" a toilet and using sand and cement. None of those are involved in installing a toilet. Please let us know exactly what you are attempting to do. Good luck.

Old 03-08-06, 08:44 AM
Seating a toilet onto a tiled floor

Sorry if I've not made it clear on what I am trying to do,
I am soon to install a toilet onto a already tiled floor, and wish to find the best way of seating the base of the toilet to the tile floor.
I have heard that some use a sand and cement mix to bond the toilet in place, and also have heard of others using silocone. Would like some more views please........

Old 03-08-06, 09:41 AM
There is no reason to SEAL the toilet to the floor. The flange bolts are what hold it in place. Many people opt for a more finished look and silicone or grout around the bottom of the bowl. Should you decide to do this, I would recommend leaving the back side of the bowl open. This way, if there is a leak, you will see water at the back of the bowl. If you completely seal the bowl and there is a leak, you will not know it until damage is done to a greater area (tiles raising, rotted flooring etc).