Short Faucet Flexible Connector

Old 03-15-06, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Short Faucet Flexible Connector

I plan on replacing a kitchen faucet and I notice that to replace the pre-plumbed copper tubing from the center of the old faucet to the connections above the shutoff valves is only 7". So, I notice that the smallest length of braided Stainless faucet connector that I can buy is 12". To cover the 7" distance between the new faucet's connectors and the copper pipe with a 12" flexible connector will require "coiling or spiralling" the flexible connector (squeezing the 12" length into 7"). Is this acceptable? Does anyone make the connectors in 8" sections?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-06, 07:35 AM
I would get a 24" and make one big loop. A lot easier than fighting a short length.

Old 03-16-06, 07:52 AM
Re:Short Faucet Flexible Connector

Originally Posted by CliffLm
I would get a 24" and make one big loop. A lot easier than fighting a short length.
So I would have 2 big loops supplying hot and cold? Any chance the loops will "rub" against themselves and promote failure? I suppose I could have a plumber custom cut and install new copper supplies from the compression nuts up to the faucet (the 7" distance). I also noticed that Fluidmaster makes a 9" flexible supply but I haven't seen it at the store.

I wonder why the faucet was originally plumbed with 20" of straight copper pipe straight up from the shutoffs to the compression nuckles to meet the faucet's 7" copper supplies? Could be it has something to do with the dishwasher supply cutting in.

Old 03-16-06, 11:28 AM
the loops wont move. Ive used the shorter ones with bends in them and ones which loop. no big deal either way.

Old 03-16-06, 11:35 AM
Re: Short Faucet Flexible Connector

Sounds, like if I cannot find the 9" Fluidmaster connector, I will just go with the connector that provides the "smoothest" loop (16", 20", 24").