Low Bowl level, Normal Tank level??

Old 03-24-06, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Low Bowl level, Normal Tank level??

Moved into first two story house. Kohler pretty much everywhere. Not low Flow toilets that I can tell. Collar aroung the flapped in upstairs bathreem Tanks. No leaks or drip. BUT the level of the water in the bowl is much lower than I have ever seen ( not to go into details) but there is just a fraction of the "Normal ammount of water in the bpwl than I am used to .. Things stick to sides and though the tank is large and has a full capacity ( up to line the bowl seems to be about a 1/5 of the water lever it should be to accomplish what it is supposed to. flushes fine fills ( tank fine) and being two stories above ( really three , basement) the septic tank I can not see why the bowl will not fill to a higher level. Have to keep a bucket to add water to insure onthing is left "Behind". Any explainations will be greatly welcome.
Allan "Low-Bowl" in Georgia..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-06, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ahozak, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
The water level in the bowl in controlled by the trap that is built-in to the bowl. What could be happening is that the bowl is being sucked down by a clogged vent line. Take a bucket of water and slowly pour it into the bowl. See what the bowl level stops at. (you could mark the level with a pencil for future reference) Then flush another toilet or run the tub or shower for a few minutes. See if the water in the bowl moves while the other fixtures are draining. If it does, you most likely have a clogged vent pipe. Let us know. Good luck.

Note: If the water does not move, check the level after a few hours as it may be a leaking bowl and the water is going down the drain pipe but not leaking on the floor where you would see it.

Old 03-24-06, 04:06 PM
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
Hi Look in the tank. Maybe the overflowhose is not in the overflow tube. That fills the bowl after a flush to make it ready for the next flush.
Good Luck Woodbutcher