Milwaukee Faucet Stem

Old 05-24-06, 01:51 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Milwaukee Faucet Stem

Hello, looking for a little knowledge on Milwaukee faucet stems. I have a shower/tub that has the above mentioned stems, model 4S-2H and 4S-2C numbers. When I bought the house a year and half ago, the knobs turned around and around, never knowing where the off position was. So, I replaced both the stems with the model numbers mentioned above. Guess what, they broke again and after a few uses. The stem is designed to only turn 90 deg, (full on and off) and is made of plastic of some kind. There is a small shaft (made of plastic , of course ) that slides in a groove that stops the stem for the on and off position. This shaft keeps breaking.

So, I was wondering is anyone else has encountered this issue and if so how did they address it? I would love to buy a metal one, thinking it will last longer. Anyone know of one? My last resort is to replace the entire faucet, as there is no access panel and would require a little more work.

Thanks!!!!!

Old 06-09-06, 09:40 PM
Yes.......I run into this situation all the time and I tell customers to get rid of the faucet. They are notorious for problems and if you are using Danco replacement parts, there is half of the problem right there.

I never guarantee the rebuilds on the faucet you have. The reliability issues are not too good.

Old 06-10-06, 07:20 AM
S
The stem numbers you mention are definately Danco item numbers.I would go to a plumbing supply house and look for factory replacement parts and see if you have better luck.

As for the unit's reliability issues only solution there is replacement with something different.

If you go the replacement parts route always take the old unit with you to ensure getting the correct item.

Old 06-10-06, 05:10 PM
S
Thanks, I was afraid of that. I guess I will have eventually replce the entire thing and make an access panel.
Thaks for your help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: