Toilet Flush Problem

Old 06-10-06, 10:22 PM
icw
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toilet Flush Problem

Hi ,
Can anyone identify what might be the problem here.
We recently had a plumber come out and fix a new handle on the toilet flush and the toilet flushed really quite powerfully (more so than it had done before) But since then the pressure seems to have got weaker and wearker. SO now I have to pull the handle up and down about about 10 - 15 times to get any kind of flush out of it. I looked inside the top of the cistern and it doesn't look like anything is obviously broken.
Thanks
ICW
(London)

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-06, 04:45 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
icw, Welcome to the DIY Forums.
I am guessing that you do not live in the U.S. so my advice may not pertain to your type toilet (cistern). Flushing pressure is caused by the amount of water leaving the tank and "pushing" the waste from the bowl. If your cistern has a flapper that allows water to flow to the bowl, the chain or lever may not be adjusted properly to raise the flapper all the way. This results in "short" flushes. Check the water level in your tank. Most tanks have a water level mark on the inside and when finished flushing, the water level should be at that mark. If not, you won't have enough water flow to initiate a complete flush. Just a couple things to check. Good luck.