Faucet Sprayer/Diverter Problem

Old 06-16-06, 01:04 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Faucet Sprayer/Diverter Problem

Kitchen faucet is single lever type with sprayer. Sprayer and faucet work well when we are NOT running the washing machine or the outside spigots to water the lawn.

If we are watering the lawn, water flow is reduced some to the kitchen faucet, and then when we use the sprayer, then all water stops from the sprayer and also from the faucet for an indefinite period of time. We will get a slow trickle from the faucet if we turn it on just a little bit, and when we try and turn it on fuller, then the water stops altogether. It is sporadic. I do not know if we do not use the sprayer if we still have the same problem. I have not seen this, but I have not tested it very much.

The top part of the sprayer, not the hose, was replaced with a generic sprayer, not the one that came with the Kohler faucet. Have no idea if this is related. Like I said, the sprayer seems to work okay if there is No other major water use.

Any ideas?

elshields

Old 06-16-06, 03:08 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There is a part inside the faucet body called a "diverter".The function of the diverter is to "divert" the water flow from the sparyer to the faucet and vice versa.It's location and design vary by brand and model.When the diverter becomes old,worn,etc it does not function properly and can sometimes become sticky.It sounds like the lower water pressure is too weak to allow the diverter to move.Solution would be to replace the diverter.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: