Tub Leak

Old 06-25-06, 10:04 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tub Leak

I just moved into a older model mobil home. My bathroom tub will not stop leaking from the spout. It has a cold knob and hot knob Then the knob for the shower to turn on and then just the tub spout. The cold knob was taken off by my landladys Boyfriend who Just left a week ago he never finished the job. I have been using pliers to turn it on and off but the cold still slowly runs. What can I do, I can not afford to wait around for a lazy handyman to fix it. It is costing to much money. I plugged the tub to see just how much water I was wasting and it filled up the tub in about two hours. My water bill is going to be sooo high. What a easy way for me to fix this? Please someone help!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-06, 08:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
Turn off the water to the house. Turn on the cold water in the tub to drain the pressure. Loosten the collar nut and remove the stem. You will see the washer on the end is either bent, cut, broken, etc. Take it to your hardware store, and have them give you one to replace it with, unscrew it and replace the washer, install the stem, and tighten the collar nut. Install the handle, turn the water on and enjoy.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: