Is there such a product out there? - Pull out shower head

Old 07-08-06, 11:18 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is there such a product out there? - Pull out shower head

Hi all,

searched quite a bit as I'm hoping to install a minimalist shower. I'm installing concealed controls, body jets and an overhead drencher BUT would also like the flexibility of a shower head that can be used to get to those hard to reach places!!
To keep the shower from getting to cluttered I don't really want a riser with shower head and flex all on display in the shower cubicle. I'm really hoping to find a "fixed" shower head with pull out flexible hose - a bit like you find with kitchen faucets.

Is there such a product? I've looked and can't find one.

Many thanks for any thoughts

Old 07-08-06, 05:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
What type controls do you plan on using? I recently installed a fully tiled shower with a Delta single lever control with a diverter built in the control. I used a rain head for the main (tub) part, which they use for their showers. I installed a corded shower head offset in one of the corners about head high in the shower mode when they wanted to clean the shower or use for personal showering. They seemed to like it as it was out of the way, and not hanging directly in your face.

Old 07-09-06, 02:52 AM
B
Had something in mind like attached link:

http://cosybathrooms.co.uk/shop/prod...b7e47feeb110bd

Fixed overhead + bodyjets. I wanted to add into the mix via another diverter access to another shower head that would allow some flexibility in the showe stall, as described in the OP. My problem is if the additonal shower is a riser + shower head it all gets a bit cluttered in the shower.

Old 07-09-06, 12:32 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 8 Votes on 7 Posts
You may be better off adding a complete control valve to the mix on an adjacent wall rather than a diverter. This control valve will work only your personal shower unit. It may be more control valve than you want, but at least you would have positive control of the personal shower, and it would be totally off when off.
If you could design and invent the kitchen type sprayer with disappearing hose, you could probably get rich. Sounds like a good idea.

Old 07-10-06, 08:05 AM
Since the codes frown on flexible tubing of any or any most types of mechanical connections, concealed in the wall behind the tile, you probably can't do this.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: