Toilet supply rough-in -how to increase?

Old 09-17-06, 04:13 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Toilet supply rough-in -how to increase?

I want to install Toto Carlyle toilet, which has a "skirt" around it. The recommended water supply rough-in is 8", and I have water supply at about 4.5"-5" . I need the water supply line to be away from the mid-line at least 6" before I can install the toilet. The water supply line is about 2" long before the shut-off valve, and I wonder if there is a safe way to bent the water supply line out away from the middle.
The line appears to be a brass pipe.

Thanks a lot for your help.

P.S.

I recently put new tiles, and would not want to mess w/ the pipe so I don't need to remove new tiles...

Old 09-22-06, 06:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I read your post several times trying to figure out what you wrote.

Do not bend the pipe, it is copper.

You can buy longer "toilet" supply lines than what you currently have. These are braided stainless steel lines that come in differing lengths. Be sure to specify a toilet supply line which is different from a faucet supply line.

Hope this helps...

Old 09-22-06, 08:35 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
When I installed my Carlyle I had to move the water supply to the left (when facing the wall) to allow the installation of the toilet. I was able to come in from the back side of the wall by cutting an access from the bedroom closet. It was a fun job (NOT!) because my main shutoff leaked just enough to keep dripping so I could not solder the pipe in the new location. I shut off the water at the meter and even that valve leaked. I finally had to disconnect the main supply from the meter to get the stupid toilet supply to stop dripping, then the rest was a snap.

Yes, I later installed a ball valve on my main supply to cure the problem of the leaking main valves.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: