Adapter for overflow drain in copper sink?

Old 10-15-06, 12:01 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Adapter for overflow drain in copper sink?

I'm planning a bathroom renovation that will include a copper sink and a Price-Pfister Ashfield bronze faucet with a typical pop up drain and rod assembly. Most copper sinks do not have an overflow but the drain does. I need a minimum of 1-1/2" between the inside of the sink and the large nut that secures the drain to the sink from below. The overflow opening on the drain is in that space. Is there a way (some sort of rubber sleeve perhaps?) to adapt the drain so that the overflow hole is covered and sealed? I'd like to use the drain that comes with the faucet because it matches, it would be a waste to buy it and discard it, and because I haven't found a non-overflow drain to match that uses the pop up rod arrangement. Most have a lift up or flip open plug sort of drain. If I don't use the rod, I have a hole in the back of the faucet.

Thanks,

Ray

Old 10-16-06, 10:56 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Perhaps a short piece if 1" ABS pipe? I don't think that there's anything made specifically for that situation (but there may be).

Use silicone under the stainer & some more where it meets the mac washer.

Old 10-17-06, 03:56 AM
N
After researching this and browsing countless web sites, I think that's the best solution. I'll need to make sure I cut the pipe square on the ends to get a good seal against the washers. Maybe a coupler with the stop ridge filed out would work, too. I did find some third-party drains that appear that they'd work, but after spending $150 on the faucet, I'd hate to think of throwing away a brand new drain and replacing it, for another $75! I'm waiting to hear from Price Pfister to see if they have any suggestions. If not, I'll try the PVC sleeve.

Thanks!

Ray

Old 10-17-06, 10:44 PM
A coupling with pipe glued into both ends & cut off flush would provide a larger mating surface area.

Just a thought.

Old 10-21-06, 11:22 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
sorry, wrong thread (why can't I delete it?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by steve_gro; 10-22-06 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-11-09, 08:48 PM

Old 03-12-09, 10:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
personally i would install a grid drain

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: