Leaky Delta Monitor 1700 Series Faucet

Old 11-03-06, 04:24 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Leaky Delta Monitor 1700 Series Faucet

I have a single handle Delta Monitor Series 1700 faucet that is leaking. At first, the leak was limited to an ocassional drip from the faucet itself. However, now it's leaking from the handle itself. While on, a steady stream of water is leaking out in the space between the stem portion that comes out of the wall, and the handle itself. I was going to try to take this apart tomorrow, but am wondering if it could be shot and should be replaced. I am guilty of wrenching on it too hard when try to stop the ocassional drip from the faucet. I think I remember it turning past the shut off stop point a bit. I will be more careful in the future, but for now have a repair on hand I need help with.

Thanks

Old 11-04-06, 04:44 AM
J
If the ball seat is not damaged, everything under the handle(including the handle) is available at home, hardware stores. Kits contain the ball, o-rings seals, etc, that are needed to make it like new. And don't forget a little plumbers grease.

Old 04-07-07, 06:42 AM
T
Originally Posted by spackle View Post
I have a single handle Delta Monitor Series 1700 faucet that is leaking. At first, the leak was limited to an ocassional drip from the faucet itself. However, now it's leaking from the handle itself. While on, a steady stream of water is leaking out in the space between the stem portion that comes out of the wall, and the handle itself. I was going to try to take this apart tomorrow, but am wondering if it could be shot and should be replaced. I am guilty of wrenching on it too hard when try to stop the ocassional drip from the faucet. I think I remember it turning past the shut off stop point a bit. I will be more careful in the future, but for now have a repair on hand I need help with.

Thanks
I've got the same problem as above and am new to the site. How do I access instructions on fixing the problem?

Old 04-07-07, 08:47 AM
S
There are ,as previously mentioned,complete rebuild kits for all Delta faucets.They include all needed parts and instructions.Try to find genuine Delta kits versus off brands or other branded kits.Shop for your needs at a real hardware store where there is qualified help to assist you and give you instruction and advice.Big box and mass merchandise stores do not offer you any real assistance.

Old 04-11-07, 02:04 PM
T
Hopo it's not too late to help.

I had a problem with a discontinued Delta Monitor (1300, I think) cartridge leaking and got online with Delta. They have the abiltiy to chat online. I explained everything, they looked it up, figured out which model it was, realized it was discontinued and were able to tell me what conversion kit I needed that was readily availble. Once I got the kit, it only took me about 15 minutes to fix.

Give it try. It worked great for me.

Good luck!
Tom

Old 02-22-08, 07:43 PM
T
Red face Delta Monitor 1700 Series Shower Head Dripping

Took advice and called Delta 800#. They didn't hesitate...they sent me all new parts at no charge due to warranty. They didn't even ask for proof of purchase.
Received package of parts. Directions are only for upgrading from a 1400. Can you please let me know how to get the handle off, and then which parts I'll need to replace? I have hard water.
Thank you!

Old 02-23-08, 08:26 AM
G
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Go to Deltafaucet.com and go to the 1700 series. By clicking on a product ( try shower valve ) you should be are to pull up the complete instruction manual.

Old 10-25-08, 04:20 PM
R
Thanks!

I just wanted to say thank you! The information is direct and to the point. I appreciate you all's help.
All the best,
Randi

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: