Which type washers for compression faucets?

Old 11-04-06, 12:30 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cool Which type washers for compression faucets?

My shower has the two handled compression type faucets. Which type of washers should I use- the cone shaped or the flat style? The faucets don't have replaceable seats , and I do have a seat dressing tool. It just seems like I have to replace the faucet washers too often, about every 2 years or less. i thought that maybe I'm using the wrong style of washer. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Old 11-04-06, 04:41 AM
J
If the seats are not corroded or damaged, I would leave them alone, those tools tend to damage them worse than they already are, if not careful. Are you sure they are not replaceable. I have not seen many bath faucets with out removable seats. Very few faucets actually come with cone washers, but they seem to get used. The proper size is what ever fits the the end of the stem. A cone washer might help if the seat has been nicked or has slight corrosion.

Old 11-04-06, 07:03 AM
T
Thumbs up justbill re:washers

Originally Posted by Just Bill
If the seats are not corroded or damaged, I would leave them alone, those tools tend to damage them worse than they already are, if not careful. Are you sure they are not replaceable. I have not seen many bath faucets with out removable seats. Very few faucets actually come with cone washers, but they seem to get used. The proper size is what ever fits the the end of the stem. A cone washer might help if the seat has been nicked or has slight corrosion.
JustBill- I'll double check the faucets, they are in a shower. The seats look like brass/copper tubes that face the stem washers. Unless there is a hole down in the bottom of the tube for a seat wrench, I guess they aren't replaceable. Thanks again for the reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: