Getting hot water from faucets

Old 11-13-06, 04:41 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Getting hot water from faucets

When the faucets in my home are first turned on, it takes a few minutes for the hot water to start flowing. It doesn't matter if it is the kitchen sink or the upstairs bathroom sink - yoiu cannot get "immediate" hot water. I don't mean that there is a 3 second delay, I mean there is about a gallon or more delay (I put a container under the faucet once to see how much cold water came out before it started heating up)

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-06, 06:19 AM
T
This is normal. The water in the pipes between the hot water heater and the faucet loses heat and returns to ambient temperature when not in use. When you turn on the water, it takes a while for the hot water to get from the hot water heater to the faucet head. The only way to get around this would be to install a tankless water heater under your sinks - giving you quicker service - an expensive alternative to waiting for the water to heat up.

Old 11-13-06, 12:57 PM
M
thank you!

Thanks for the info!

And what type of beer are we having? (I read your sig)

Old 11-13-06, 04:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Another system you can install on the uppermost sink is a recirculation device that will keep hot water at all the sinks and faucets below on demand. It will cause your water heater to work a little more, and the devices aren't cheap, but it is the final result you are looking for.