Toilet Not Aligned Over Tiled Floor Opening

Old 11-22-06, 05:06 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Toilet Not Aligned Over Tiled Floor Opening

My toilet sits on a tile floor. When looking from above, the toilet sits about a quarter inch too far to the right of where the tile stops (the tile wasn't layed up to the flange). The wax ring of my toilet seems to need replacement because it leaks between the toilet and floor into the pocket created because the tile isn't layed up to the flange. Needless to say, it's pretty grimey there. The tile is layed on a cement basement slab/floor.

My landlady doesn't have any more tiles to fill in the gap. Is there any way (e.g., some product or caulking) to fill in this gap or realign the toilet by moving it over that quarter inch when I replace the wax ring?

Also, bolts are rusted...any quick tips on removing?

Old 11-22-06, 05:56 PM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
im not a plumber/ suggest-remove toilet-cut bolts as necessary/
fill opening w/same thichness tiles /add new brass bolts and wax ring/ should be enough "wiggle room" to move foot print to cover opening

Old 11-22-06, 06:02 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Cut the bolts with a hacksaw.

Also as mentioned, buy a piece of tile, break it with a hammer, and use the proper sized pieces to fill the gap. For the 1/4 inch that you need to "look good" fill that gap with sanded grout (available at any big box store for less than $5) to match your existing grout. .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: