Adding a showerhead to bathtub faucet

Old 12-01-06, 11:20 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Adding a showerhead to bathtub faucet

Please suggest plumbing fixture manufacturers & websites where I can view a large variety of showerheads that will attach to the faucet on my claw-foot bathtub.

My bathtub faucet currently has a hose connection (half-inch threaded stub) on the top. This is currently connected to a hose with a sprayer head.

1. I want to remove this hose and in its place install a vertical 40-inch length of rigid chrome-plated pipe, curved approx. 180 degrees at the top and terminating in a shower head. I know this isn't the usual way to do this, however my home-decorator partner is very picky about appearance and design, so I need to find plumbing catalogs with a large selection of different showerheads and especially the curved chrome-plated pipe section, with its supporting wall brackets.

Price is less of a concern, so I don't want to just consider the cheap, high-volume stuff at places like Home Depot.

Please note: I'm not a plumber, so I don't feel comfortable tearing into the wall to run a concealed pipe up inside the wall, to a new showerhead.

2. I will also need to find a ceiling-mount shower-curtain loop that meets decorator approval. Here again I would greatly appreciate names of manufacturers & websites with a wide selection of possibilities.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

-- Larry

Old 12-05-06, 11:19 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
If you are looking for quality, look at Chicago® clawfoot conversion kits.

Old 12-11-06, 04:31 PM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Steve, thank you for your excellent recommendation. This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

-- Larry

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: