Low pressure in new kitchen faucet

Old 12-02-06, 11:22 AM
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Low pressure in new kitchen faucet

I think it's probably a good troubleshooting idea to disconnect and reconnect this faucet to see if there's debris in the lines, but since I'm at the computer I figure I'll post (as my instincts aren't always right anyway). I had new countertops installed and the installer included plumbing the faucet and drain in his quote. I ended up not liking the faucet that I had chosen, so when he returned to finish the backsplash, I got him to replace it with another I had purchased (same manufacturer: Pegasus, different model of course). The new faucet seems to have only half the pressure of the other, and I'm pretty sure it was coming out fine for a second, then dropped by about half. I had noticed that he removes the screen and such before running the water, so there's no grit in there, but is it possible that grit or sediment may be in the lines themselves, limiting the flow?

Old 12-04-06, 07:28 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Faucet prob.

Did the faucet work correctly when it was installed?, if so and the aerator is not clogged, then there is probably dirt in the mechanism. Your idea to disconnect the lines to the faucet and checking for flow is a good idea, if the flow is bad then its not the faucet, if good the faucet is the problem. I don't know what expertize you have but the faucet will have to be taken apart at this point. Luck.

"If all else fails, read the directions"

Old 12-04-06, 08:38 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Shacko is right on. I just finished doing the same for a neighbor who had new faucets installed 2 years ago. Within days of the work, the hot water stopped running and she's lived with ever since. I took apart the hot water valve, flushed it out, and reconnected it.... Since then - no problems.... Qualified plumber - $160.00.... 5 minutes from a DIYer... priceless......

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: