Aligning PVC

Old 12-14-06, 06:18 PM
G
Gen
Received 3 Votes on 2 Posts
Aligning PVC

I installed a new sink/faucet and now the drain tail won't line up with the trap opening--even if I swing the position. I cut every thing out and glued all the pvc fittings to where I thought would align correctly, but it is still off a half inch or so with little play to move it.

I have 1 1/2'' coming out of the wall. Then it goes to a rt angle which attaches to the rt angle on the trap via the big turning nut. From there to the trap and drain tail.

My question is how do you configure PVC fittings to line up correctly to get exactly from "point A" to "point B"?
You can't exactly "dry fit" the pvc peices because they are too hard to push in and then remove.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-06, 08:07 PM
G
Received 11 Votes on 11 Posts
Start over, You "always" dry fit PVC, you are wasting your money if you don't. Maybe there are some circumstances where it is not necessary, but in my experience I have yet to experience one. They might be tough to take apart dry but not nearly a tough as after they are glued. Have a nice day. Geo

Old 12-14-06, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Like said .When you dry fit the pipes up mark a line on the L and pipe as the L should go