approx labor cost to replace kitchen faucet?

Old 01-02-07, 02:31 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
approx labor cost to replace kitchen faucet?

we live in northern NJ and was wondering what's a fair labor charge as a side job to replace our same size kitchen faucet? thanks

Old 01-02-07, 02:46 PM
T
Labor tends to vary from area to area and among plumbers. Most plumbers have a basic fee that they charge to show, then it's an hourly rate plus parts. Perhaps a friend or family member can recommend someone. Or, perhaps they know someone who is not a plumber who can change out the faucet for you. We have many experienced plumbers who can walk you through the DIY steps and tell you what kind of tools you need.

Old 01-03-07, 07:05 AM
T
thanks.. but follow up

I hear you & thanks... but I imagine there's a ballpark $$ amount so I don't
get ripped off. A local handyman told me if it's a simple pull & replace shouldn't be more than $100. Than I asked a plumber in training who lives 2 miles away to do this on the side, & he quoted me $175 which I feel is too high. What gives??? I could tackle this on my own, but was hoping just to pay someone a reasonable amount instead.

Old 01-03-07, 08:04 AM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
My Secretary informed me she had a plumber out today near your area just accross border from Sussex County NJ in PA. $85 to show plus $15 for the part to replace the $8 PVC kitchen sink P trap whose seal broke (10-15 min job). If you are in towards Morris/Bergen/Essex county it will obviously be more just to show. Replacing the sink faucet takes maybe 20 minutes max if you are just pulling old 4 hole and replacing with similar new 4 hole, more if you are changing styles the size is off, you have/want a fancy faucet of some sort. This is doityourself.com. and you can do this yourself easily. Some plumbing tape and maybe an $8 faucet wrench if you can't reach the supply line hookups under the sink with a normal wrench. The hardest part is pulling all the junk people store in the cabnet underneath. Your faucet will come with directions.

Old 01-03-07, 12:05 PM
T
I hear you Viking

we live in western Morris County... guess maybe i should try on my own first since this is a simple pull & replace w/same basic faucet. Just from experience something always goes wrong when you start messing with old pipes & connections. Though our faucet is < 10 years old so maybe it won't be so bad. thanks for reply

Old 01-11-07, 02:27 PM
T
update... final tally

decided to go ahaead & hire the young plumber. He replaced faucet last nite & also replaced one of the water valves below whose handle gear was stripped. Total tally was $125 so I was somewhat happy... but not bad for 30-35 min's of work for him... I think I'm in the wrong business... ha-ha

Old 10-12-09, 08:12 PM
R
Remember, the total might have been $125, but that is not what he made for changing the faucet. There are other overhead costs that contribute to the price.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: