Delta - Push button diverter

Old 01-04-07, 05:58 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Delta - Push button diverter

We have a 3 month old Delta 'Monitor' single handle Tub/Shower Faucet with an RP5649 push button diverter hat is not providing 100% bypass to the shower. I think the unit model number is 1700. When we push the diverter, there is still a constant 'trickle' of water from the tub faucet.

I was told that this type of divertor does not provide a positive seal and so bypass through the tub faucet is expected. Is this true?

As this is in our spare bathroom it is not used as a shower very often and I am not sure if it has always leaked or just started.

Thanks for comments.

Old 01-09-07, 07:05 AM
H
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question

I contacted Delta and they very quickly concluded over the phone that the valve has been installed upside down. Does this sound right? How can I check if the plumber has installed the valve the correct way up?

Old 01-11-07, 06:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
There should be a positive diversion of water, and the unit could quite possibly be installed upside down, as there are no index marks or tangs to ensure proper installation. You won't lose anything by turning it over and checking for proper operation. Let us know how it goes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: