One toilet bubbling, other leaking after snaking still!!

Old 01-12-07, 06:35 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question One toilet bubbling, other leaking after snaking still!!

I hope someone can give me some advice

We have two bathrooms on the same floor. I heard my bedroom toilet bubbling while my husband was showering in the other bathroom. When he finished his shower the toilet in the bathroom he had showered in had a bad flood from the base of the toilet.

Yesterday a friend used an electric snake to clean the drain and ran a hose through after and we thought it would be fixed, but, sure enough this morning, the same thing, flooding, but not quite as bad.

Now, a few weeks ago my husband had to remove the toilet in our bedroom to replace a seal. Could this be the problem? and would it wait this long to start acting up?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Blessings

Old 01-12-07, 05:43 PM
T
I think you have two problems, a clog and a bad seal on the toilet. If it were me I would remove the toilet, invite your friend back with the snake, and snake and flush the toilet drain, then replace the seal. (wax ring)

Old 01-12-07, 07:20 PM
D
Are you on a septic system or city sewer? I had the same problem and discovered that my baffle was plugged in the septic tank, and also the inlet pipe was collapsed. If you are on city sewer then you have a plug somewhere, and a leaking toilet.

Old 01-14-07, 12:31 PM
B
Toilet

We finally got it fixed. We got hold of a good and honest plumber through a friend and he found the plug in the yard and the problem was there. He cleaned it and we're good to go.

Thank yu for all your replies
Blessings

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: