Saniflo (upflush) toilets

Old 01-14-07, 03:37 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Saniflo (upflush) toilets

Has anyone installed a Saniflo toilet?? Looking for pros and cons of it. It doesn't look that difficult to install, Is it a do it yourslfer project ??

Old 01-16-07, 05:47 AM
J
they work pretty good

I installed one last year in my basement and as long as you follow the directions, they go in pretty good. The one I have allows for a basin connection and it is strange while you're washing the hands, the grey water flows into the toilet and the pump kicks on. Our guests get a kick out of it. The unit is made in France and has been tested for over 50,000 flushes without a problem. Do the math, that's a lot of years! When attaching the basin drain, you must cut off a small plastic tip to allow the flow to the waste storage reservoir inside the toilet. I found a few pre-assembled parts inside the back of the toilet that either were not tight enough or were slightly off set. They must be having quality control or labor problems in France. When you flush it it sounds like a Waring blender for about 20 seconds or so.

When the toilet become clogged, just use a plunger like you normally would on any other toilet. I can;t remember the name of the model, but it look exactly like a normal toilet without the top tank. Make sure a GFI outlet is about 6-8 inches to the left or the right of the toilet to hide the cord from view. I recommend this unit. I did it myself. JB

Old 01-16-07, 07:29 PM
S
Thanks JB for your opinion. I probably wil install it in the next few months. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: