Fixing a cracked plastic tub in a mh??

Old 02-02-07, 01:22 PM
U
Received 5 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Question Fixing a cracked plastic tub in a mh??

Hello, I just noticed the other day that one of my tubs in my mh has a crack in it. This is the tub my girlfriend uses, so maybe she needs to diet? (LOL) Crack is about 4 inches in length and not very wide at all. It's pretty much just a little wider than your average "hairline" crack. I would imagine that it must be leaking under the tub? Anyone have any ideas how I could fix this or do I need to just replace it? Thanks in advance!!! Jack

Old 02-02-07, 03:23 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I assume it is a plastic/fiberglass tub. They can be repaired, possibly diy but I don't know how. Most tub refinishers also do repairs, you can probably find someone in the yellow pages.

If you opt to replace please note that MH tubs are usually smaller than conventional home tubs so you likley won't find the right size at a big box, maybe not at a plumbing supply. MH supply center will have the correct size or can order it. A conventional tub is usually 6" longer and a little wider [32"] but can be installed if you have the room and can relocate the plumbing [if necessary]

Last edited by marksr; 02-02-07 at 04:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-02-07, 03:41 PM
U
thanks Mark, I appreciate it! as always!

Old 02-08-07, 05:04 PM
U
Thumbs up

I did find a plastic/fiberglass repair kit for mh bathtubs online. I did order it and I'll let everyone know how I made out.
Jack

Old 03-03-07, 09:45 PM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Jack the kit worked worked good as far as making a seal when i used it a couple of years ago, but I found it was real hard to make the patch look like anything much (dang thing is ugly) hopefully your girlfriend is very attractive and she can make up the difference.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: