Replace o-rings on Moen 1225 cartridge

Old 02-15-07, 08:16 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile Replace o-rings on Moen 1225 cartridge

Can anyone tell me the size specifications for the two different sizes of o-rings on the Moen cartridges?

Thanks for help that can be provided.

Subpar

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-07, 05:28 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Don't know the specs, but if the o rings need replacement, the entire cartridge won't be far behind. Since the cartridge runs less than $20, I would opt for a cartridge replacement, which comes with the o rings.

Old 02-17-07, 04:33 PM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the reply, Larry. Guess I'm just a cheapskate at heart. Eight faucets at $15 each could be somewhat significant over time. Seems to me that the o-rings and the side grommets are the only parts of the cartridge that get wear. The most frequent problem with my Moen faucets over the past 20 years in this house is not that they leak, but rather that they just don't operate as smoothly as they did. On a number of occasions I have taken the cartridge out, polished the metal insert with 0000 steel wool, applied fresh plumber's grease to the o-rings and side grommets and reinstalled the cartridge. They operate as smoothly as new for several years. Now I have one that is leaking and I need to replace at least one o-ring. If I can find the right o-ring for a few cents, I'll hold off on buying a new cartridge. Looks like I could order enough o-rings to refurbish all my faucets for a couple of bucks, plus shipping. But first I need to make certain about the size of the o-rings.

Still interested to know if anyone knows the AS568A-DASH# for these Moen 1200/1225 o-rings.

Thanks,

LHsubpar

Old 02-17-07, 08:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I see your point, with 8 of them. If you can take the offending stem out and take it to a hardware store or big box, you may can match the o rings up in their "assortment" drawers. Then buy a dozen of them. That way you will never have the problem again, because when you buy extras, nothing ever breaks.