Poor Hot Water Shower Pressure

Old 03-21-07, 12:23 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Poor Hot Water Shower Pressure

I have a shower that has poor hot water pressure (cold is o.k.) while the pressure at the other shower and sinks is fine. This is a single handle Delta faucet and I think it is the Monitor series (new in 1993).

I believe I need to replace the cartridge - is this a correct assumption?

I have tried to remove the cartridge with channel locks, but it seems to take more force than necessary. Is there some method or plumber's trick to remove the cartridge?

Old 03-21-07, 05:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I can't remember how a Delta is.

With a Moen, they give you in the new cartridge kit, a plastic 'tool' that you slip over the stem and you rotate it and it forces the cartridge up a ramp, which forces the cartridge out some. Then you are able to pull it out because you have broken the seize it had.

I have done it without the tool. I have put a vice grips on the handle screw that I run back into the stem a number of turns, after I remove all that needs removing, and tug on the stem to get a feel if the pipes in the wall are secure and can handle the tug. Then if I determine in my mind that it should be okay to tug, I brace myself real good so that if it lets loose I don't go flying backwards. I always get them out.

But just make sure that you have removed any locking pin or whatever first, before you tug.

Old 03-21-07, 05:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I wonder if you have a 'cartridge' that is really not a cartridge per say, but is shaped like one, after you remove like a bonnet nut, and it has two plastic orientation ears on it that are in opposing-side grooves in the the brass. You may have this. These just pull out if there is indeed this bonent type or lockdown nut over this. Once pulled out, you will find 2 springs and 2 rubber cups inside the brass cylinder.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: