Jetted Tub Access Panel

Old 03-23-07, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Jetted Tub Access Panel

I'm going to install a jetted tub. It will be against three walls. I wall to tile the front of the tub and not have an acrylic front. How do I put in an access panel that looks nice. Is there some access door panel that is designed to take tile, so it can blend in. Any suggestions or pictures would be great.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-07, 08:20 AM
I've seen a picture of an access panel like this somewhere - if I coul only remember where. They framed in a flush panel. Both the panel and surrounding area was tiled; the panel was sized such that the seam line was along grout lines in the tile pattern. The panel was held into its frame with four magnets. I would guess that a neodineum (sp) magnet would be plenty strong to hold it. The panel was removed by placing a suction cup on the panel's tiled surface and pulling it out. Suction cup as used for handling glass panels would be perfect, suction cup like that used on shower hooks might work too. I don't know. Worth considering I guess...

Old 03-29-07, 01:49 PM
Stryker - I skirted my tub with cement board. I cut the board for an access panel. I planned my tile layout so that the edges of the tile coincided with the edge of the opening. The panel is held in place with magnetic cabinet latches.
I used caulk around the opening instead of grout. I got a pretty good match. You have to look closely to see that there is a removable panel. I haven't had to open it to service the pump, but if I do it should be pretty simple to scrape out the caulk and pry the panel off.