Low Flow Toilet Flushing Issues

Old 03-24-07, 05:44 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Low Flow Toilet Flushing Issues

I installed a low flow toilet last year an American Standard, 1.6 Gal.
I never had a problem with it until recently. When I flush the toilet, the waters swirls around the bowl but does not go all the way down.

Sometimes, the toilet will flush all the way and clear out what is in there. But sometimes, event if it is just urine the toilet will not flush all the way.

I have plunged and augered the toilet. I have even adjusted the water level to make it slightly higher. Any help.

Old 03-24-07, 12:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Don't mess with the water level in the tank, as it is set as it should be. Have you checked for a vent clog? Squirrels and birds leave nuts, leaves, branches, etc in our vent pipes as presents, and we have to go up on the roof with a garden hose (no water) and chug the vent pipe to allow air to equalize pressure from above. This will help in your flushing. However, don't go up on the roof unless you feel safe in doing do, as it isn't the fall, it is the sudden stop at the bottom that messes up your whole day.

Old 03-25-07, 08:01 AM
D
Still Acting Funny

I put a hose into the vent pipe, and after going down a few feet, it did stop. I pulled it back up, and there was some muck on it, not much. I kept on pushing the hose in and pulling it out, but it never seemed to get past a certain point. I don't know if this is a curve in the pipe, or the clog. After that, I flushed the toilet and there was no change. I ran water down the vent pipe, but it didn't seem to do anything.

When I flush the toilet, and plunge at the same time, I get a complete flush.

Should I pour some liquid plumber down the vent pipe, or try to chug it some more?

Last edited by Danfazz; 03-25-07 at 08:20 AM.
Old 03-25-07, 10:32 AM
You may benefit by using a good drain opener down the vent, but chug it after a few hours and flush it with water. Post back what you accomplish.

Old 03-25-07, 01:16 PM
D
No Change

Same issues after chugging the pipe. I ran the hose again, and nothing seem to happen.

We have a one bathroom place.

Old 04-15-07, 12:43 PM
D
Smile It's Fixed

The whole inside the bowl that sends water into the bowl was plugged up with hard water deposits. I chipped away some of the stuff and the toilet is flushing fine now. Thanks for all of your help.

Old 04-16-07, 04:59 AM
Glad you were able to get it working! Sometimes we guess good, and sometimes we don't. But your investigation gives us more ammo to use on future posts. Thanks.

Old 11-26-07, 08:06 PM
G
Using a PenKnife Open Up the Siphon Hole ..Small Hole

Using a PenKnife Open Up the Siphon Hole ..Small Hole
Opposite the large Drain..
Mine Was clogged with Calcium
Easy repair..
I don't think it is a Clogged Drain..
I Had the Same Problem..

http://www.toiletology.com/toc.shtml

Search this Thread