Water between tub liner and original tub, drips in basement

Old 03-25-07, 06:57 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Water between tub liner and original tub, drips in basement

Hi all, first time on the site. Looks like a lot of knowledgeable people here. Was looking for some help with a tub problem I have.

A while back I re-caulked the bath tub because gaps were evident. It looked good for a while but then pulled away. I didn't do anything with it for a few weeks (ok, a month or two) until I noticed some drips of water in the basement under roughly one of the same areas where the tub meets the walls. From the basement the subfloor also looks like it has some water damage (it isn't visibly wet, but is crystalized and splintered/soft). So today I applied more caulk to fill the small gaps and when I was walking in the tub I heard a squishy sound which I can only imagine is water trapped between the original ceramic tub and the newer liner. So two questions I guess, what should I do about the water between the liner and original tub? Can i simply remove the caulk, dry it out, and re-caulk? and what to do about the soft floor and drips in the basement? My hunch says the two events are unrelated....Thanks in advance!
(of course i haven't been planning financially for someone to come out and professionally fix these items, but i dont want the tub in to end up in the basement or for mold to be running rampant either)

Last edited by nvan5; 03-25-07 at 06:59 PM. Reason: -
Old 03-30-07, 05:40 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Two number 4's.....and a biggie milk shake....and...

Has no one ever heard of this problem before?????? I found two other forums that had people asking the same questions--also with no answers.

Why not have a forum just for TOILETS!!!! Theres enough questions about them here. What are you people eating!!! Typical America. I missed my calling...do I need a special license to drive around in my Mazda wagon with a giant plunger on top fixing clogs and who knows what? I'll just plunge, nothing fancy, maybe $10 bucks a thrust. If I sense trouble I'll refer a professional.

Maybe this will get a response.

Old 03-30-07, 06:31 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Okay, I'll give you an answer but it won't be the answer that you want.

This site is populated by two groups of people, those with questions and those that have suggested answers. Nobody who posts on this forum gets paid for their time or expertise. People answering questions are doing so out of the goodness of their heart and a desire to help their fellow man/woman.

You will not get any more responses, at least not any responses to help you in your problem by making nasty remarks.

All that said, your problem may in fact be several problems and they may, or may not be related. The more information that you can supply the more likely there is someone that may have a suggestion. Do not be concerned about too long an explanation as more information is ALWAYS better than too little information. If you have the ability to post digital pictures to a photo-hosting site and then post the URL's in this forum to allow others to actually see your problems it will be a big help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: