Sloan Valve Toilet won't flush

Old 04-11-07, 07:11 PM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Sloan Valve Toilet won't flush

Hi, I have a toilet fed by a sloan valve straight from the pipe that won't flush. Here's what happened. Yesterday I installed a new faucet in the kitchen and had to turn the main off that feeds the kitchen and bathroom. After I got it all back up and running and blasted the air out of the lines in the bathtub, bathroom sink, and kitchen, I thought all would be ok. Turns out that my toilet won't flush now. Here's a crude diagram of what I'm looking at.

l
l >pipe from wall
l
O--'o >little 'o is the vertical facing valve with the handle, than more pipe
l and the horizontal facing valve/elbow (O) that has knurling around
l it. From the little valve it's straight down into the top of the toilet
---
l l
l l >Toilet
---

There. That's terrible. Anyhow, when I hold down the handle it makes a little noise, kinda like a regular toilet thats running. The metal above the last valve is cold so I know water is getting to it. No water into the bowl. Metal below the flush valve is not cold. This is where I'm stuck. I already said that the horizontal facing valve (the first valve in sequence) has knurling around this knob looking thing. The top of the second valve, (the flush handle part) has a 1 1/8 nut on top of it with a standard screw set into the top of the nut.
Any help would be great.
Thanks

Old 04-12-07, 04:27 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 7 Votes on 6 Posts
OK, I'll bite. Your description makes it sound like your tank is fed from above, rather than below. Most likely, not seeing your setup, the flush valve has trash in the control part. Turn the water off and remove the top of the valve, clean it out, put a cup on top of the valve and slowly turn on the water to clear it, turn off the water and reassemble the valve. Water shouldn't be "blasted" after a repair, but, rather gently turned on to allow air to escape. Violent vibrations can shake loose connections, and that ain't pretty. Post back if we can help further.

Old 04-12-07, 11:06 AM
Sloan valve

I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Are you talking about a toilet that has no tank on it? More info would help, sorry.

Old 07-05-07, 08:20 AM
C
flush-valve toilet

hope your dilemma was solved.... curious, I am trying to replace a flush-valve toilet in my apt and am trying to find a manufacturer that makes a round-rim instead of elongated rim. What toilet bowl do you have? I don't have room for the elongated toilets that are at Kohler and American Standard.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: